About the job
Job Title: Senior System Support Engineer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Bonus
Job Type: Full Time
About the role
As a Senior System Support Engineer you will work as a member of the Internal Systems team delivering an exceptional level of service to TSG.
Senior System Support Engineers are responsible for the management and support of TSG's IT Infrastructure, ensuring cost effective, up-to-date, secure, and reliable services and platforms.
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider servicing businesses UK Wide. At TSG our people have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, something which is proven in our consistent world class NPS score of +80. Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
It is our people that make TSG what it is and a great place to work. We put a lot of work in to creating a trusted, open, fair culture and as a result, we have been named as one of the 'UKs Top 100 Best Large Companies' and one of the 'Top 50 Technology Companies' to work for. In addition, we have been awarded a 2 star accreditation for 'Outstanding' employee engagement.
- Our open and honest culture where feedback is taken on-board and acted upon
- The monthly wellbeing check-ins we complete with all staff and the support provided off the back of those where needed
- Our social events. In addition to regular virtual quizzes and other ad hoc team building events, we launched the very first 'TSG Festival' in 2021, Team TSG's feedback was so positive that we have another amazing all staff festival arranged for 2022
- Two paid CSR days per annum that you can use towards giving something back
- Our charity fundraising - TSG have raised over £20,000 in the last 2 years for our current chosen charity Mental Health UK. We have also recently launched our very own 'TSG Foundation'
- Our responsibility as a business to the environment as we are working towards becoming a net carbon zero business
- Flexible working policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Excellent progression opportunities, training and support, including recognised qualifications
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Using Azure Active Directory manage users, groups, and other configuration.
- Perform management of devices, including configuration, deployment, maintenance, and disposal.
- Use analytic tools to gain deep insight into system and software performance and configuration to determine root cause, scale, and the best approach to remediate any incidents.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and support end user software.
- Select and use the best of breed tools to ensure the TSG platform is produced efficiently.
- Use a DevOps approach and tooling to automate software build and deployment and infrastructure configuration and deployment.
- Utilise the monitoring and logging tools effectively and ensure the right data is transmitted to these tools to gain insight from both time series log based and system metric-based data.
- Understand network protocols, services and devices and be able to install, configure and troubleshoot traditionally and as code delivered.
- Perform infrastructure administration of both traditional and cloud based operating systems and services.
- Understand regulatory obligations to protect client and highly confidential data and maintain sensible controls to meet business requirements.
- Maintain and communicate updates to minimum security configuration settings for managed operating systems.
- Manage process to categorise, prioritise, assess impact or risk and coordinate change, and perform retrospective reviews and drive improvement initiatives.
- Effectively manage risk to assure uncertainty does not deflect the project from the business goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally educated to a degree level.
- Appropriate Microsoft certifications beneficial
- Minimum of 3 years' commercial experience in a second or third-line desktop support role
- Excellent communication style
- Platform Engineering
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Modern Device Management
- Traditional Microsoft tool and system management
- Keen to investigate, learn and improve.
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and new challenges.
- The ability of being able to identify risks and issues and devise mitigations.
- The ability identify improvements and engage with others to drive change.
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Life assurance 4 x Salary
- Contributory pension scheme at 4% matched
- Perkbox discounts
- Paid CSR Days
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Home-based and hybrid opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role