Jaguar Land Rover
WHAT TO EXPECT
The main purpose of this role is to be the Engineer responsible for delivering quality integrated systems of systems (SoS) into vehicle programmes and quality campaigns. Responsibilities in include ensuring the content (DADC/NFSM/IPMA/ MRR/SODs/USS/etc) of a SoS is properly specified, the SoS is properly validated and verified, and the release is controlled through company processes to ensure only validated configurations are released to customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsibility for delivering AAD system of system releases to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
• Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required
• Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
• Support colleagues in conflict and issue resolution within the Centre of Competence and across functions
• Manage and develop external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior management
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Proven technical knowledge related to the system being delivered and product launch/quality experience
• Experience of developing technical requirements specifications and associated test plans
• Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles
• Experience of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management skills
• Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
• Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
• Some with software experience: Python, C++, HTML
• System or architecture experience: MBSE, SysML
• Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
• Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
• Experience of building and managing multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.