About the job
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Supply Chain Expeditor in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
At L3Harris in Brighton we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialising in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
We have an opportunity for someone to join our Supply Chain Team and provide support specifically related to supply chain and procurement department activities.
This role would be ideal for someone with some previous experience in a manufacturing/production environment and knowledge of material planning/scheduling. This role would be office based full time initially transitioning to a hybrid working of 3 days onsite after probation.
What the role will involve
If you were to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Maintain files, logs, records of invoices, purchase orders and other related documentation on computer systems.
- Assists in expediting orders.
- Assist buyers in contacting vendors to obtain prices and schedule delivery dates and preparing standard requests for quotations and purchase requisitions, including own commodities.
- Taking initiative regarding pricing revisions, order cancellations, discontinued items, acceptable substitutes, delivery date revisions, invoice discrepancies, etc.
- Supplier visits with Buyers or alone as appropriate
- Ensure timely and conforming product manufacture through controlled and optimised procurement practices ensuring stock and work in progress are kept to safe shortage free levels.
- Work closely with Production Control to achieve all material requirements.
- Maintain accurate data on the MRP system.
- Awareness of all importation regulations relating to procurement.
- Ensure flow down and compliance to contract specific and standard procurement terms and conditions.
What you’ll bring
The role of Supply Chain Expeditor requires the following experience and skills:
- Must be a self-starter with a strong manufacturing background within an engineering/production environment, ideally with ERP/MRP and material planning/scheduling experience. A previous role within a purchasing environment would be advantageous but not essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills internally and externally and a “think out of the box” attitude.
- Must have competent knowledge of Microsoft Office and be IT literate.
- Completion of a qualification/apprenticeship in a procurement/operations environment would be desirable but not essential if qualified by other experience
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.