£40,000 - £49,999
Defence, Engineering Consultancy, Marine
Job Title: Supportability Engineer
Location: Bristol (or in the vicinity or any Babcock hub)
Compensation: £41,500 - £46,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54221
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Supportability Engineer.
As a Supportability Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be responsible for supporting the delivery of the MOD Type 31 Project.
Day to day, you'll conduct reliability, maintainability and supportability analysis programmes.
* Conduct system and equipment decomposition
* Support delivery of system, equipment and class supportability and reliability
* Support the reliability centred maintenance programme
* Support delivery of the R&M plan and case reports
Experience required of the Supportability Engineer
* Background in Marine Engineering or other relevant field
* Prior experience of supportability analysis and maintainability techniques beneficial
* Ability to work in a multi-discipline team
* Understanding of ship systems and equipment beneficial but not essential
Full-Time, 36 Hours per week with Hybrid working arrangement
Qualifications for the Supportability Engineer
* Degree or HNC / HND in Engineering or other relevant subject
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.