£18000 - £22500 per annum
Job Title: Tailor / Alteration Staff
Salary: £18,000 - £22,500 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
* Ensuring that sewing machines and equipment are in good working order.
* Reading the alterations slips and carrying out the work stated.
* Duties will include altering customer’s garments to ensure the customer has the best fit. This includes shortening/lengthening trousers and jacket sleeves; reducing/increasing waist, thighs and side seam alterations using industrial sewing machines.
Slater Menswear prides itself on the service it provides, part of that being a FREE alteration service. Once fitted, garments are taken to a separate self-contained unit within the store, where alterations such as shorten to trouser and sleeve length, jacket side seems, trouser tapers, shorten Jacket length etc. This service means that the customer has a perfectly fitted garment by the time it leaves the store.
* Successful applicants will demonstrate a helpful, enthusiastic nature and thrive on working in a busy environment.
* Good basic knowledge and use of on-line, felling, button hole and top stitch machines as well as steam presser.
* Drive to succeed.
* Great staff discount.
* Pension scheme.
* 20 + service days.
* Long term illness protection scheme.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Alteration Staff, Tailor, Seamstress, Sewing Machinist, Sewing Machine Operator, Fabric Machinist, Fashion Fitter, Menswear, Tailor will also be considered for this role