About the job
Job Title: Toolmaker – Plastics, PIM & Grinding
Location: Bodmin Cornwall
Salary: Circa £30,000 plus bonus
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Manufacture, assembly and repair of rubber moulds and MTDs.
- Support the Plastic Section Leader, Planning Manager & Plant Manager in meeting the Plant quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Assist Section Leader in organising day to day section activities.
- Set up and operate manual mills, lathes, surface & cylindrical grinders.
- Final assembly of Plastic, PIM & Rubber moulds, occasionally MTD’s
- Problem solving during part manufacture and assembly.
- Maintenance and repair including problem identification and correction on plastic moulds, PIM & rubber moulds, occasionally MTD’s.
- Deal with job drawing packs, process flows and Contract Review action sheets.
- Maintain day to day section priorities and deliveries.
- Ensure materials availability.
- Deal with NCR actions.
- Assist Section Leader in task allocation.
- Carry out routine machine maintenance and checks.
- Carry out routine safety checks.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- To ensure that the company Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and other safety regulations are upheld throughout the site and factory reporting any irregularities to your line manager.
- Report near miss accidents or incidents at the earliest opportunity in the appropriate report books.
- Be compliant with any machine instructions, & responsible for the proper use of all equipment assets within the work area.
- Ensure that your work area(s) are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Ensure correct use of PPE.
- It is the Quality Policy of West Pharmaceutical Services Cornwall Ltd, to plan and control its activities to ensure that all products and services conform to the requirements of our customers and provide full customer satisfaction. The principle objective is to supply products that are cost effective without prejudice to the required standard of performance, reliability and quality. Accountability for the implementation of this Policy is delegated through this Job specification. All employees must conduct activities in accordance with the company Quality Policies/Procedures at all times.
- Comply with company cGMP regulations.
- Accurate recording of documentation and data as required.
- Be responsible for defect recognition.
- Dimensional checks using micrometers, Trimos, dial indicator clocks, gauges etc.
- Visual inspection using optical comparator and vision camera.
Procedural Adherence and Delivery:
- Undertake all necessary training and re-training to be able to perform all aspects of the job.
- Adhere to the Company Ethic’s and Compliance Policies.
- Compliance with all Quality, HS&E and HR procedures.
- Ensure that all customer/production delivery deadlines are adhered to.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by your line manager.
- Ensure functional legislative compliance.
- Provide cover for other roles for which you are trained, as required.
- Undertaking continuous improvement through the use of lean sigma tools.
- Report any problems or irregularities which are outside your control to your line manager or other appropriate person.
- Read engineering drawings
- Utilise other machinery as required (within training matrix qualification limits).
- Demonstrable competence gained in conventional toolroom machinery (mills, lathes, surface grinders, cylindrical grinders).
- Formal engineering apprenticeship.
- Post qualification/apprenticeship engineering experience.
- Familiarity and experience in the use of measuring equipment.
- Experience in programming and operating CNC & Manual EDM Machines.
- Experience in programming and operating CNC Mills & Lathes
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Tool Maker, CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Lathe Operator, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering, Heat Treatment, Precision Machining, Setter, Setter Milling may also be considered for this role.