About the job
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Office-based - Maldon
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time - 40 hours per week
About the role:
- Reporting to the Materials Manager, this is a key role in ensuring all incoming materials are receipted, stored and issued to production in line with the production plan.
- Working directly with the Operations Manager and alongside other production staff, with the Materials Manager, Engineering and Quality to ensure that materials of correct quantity, specification and quality are receipted into the company, allowing production to meet agreed works order build schedule.
- Prioritise material movements to ensure that production demand is always kept as highest priority, deal proactively with potential material shortages.
- Liaise with the Engineering & Quality Departments to understand the key specification of products/parts and required inspection parameters.
- Liaise with Production to ensure that scheduled material is available on the shop-floor when required.
- Ensure non-conforming materials are reported to Quality and Purchasing Departments.
- Check each delivery for adherence to product ordered and quantity.
- Ensure that the MRP/ERP system is updated on a daily basis with all transactions.
- Ensure all incoming goods are receipted and delivered to the correct locations in a timely manner and where appropriate are transferred to the ERP system.
- Assist with outgoing Finished Product trailer storage and shipment, ensuring completion of necessary paperwork and system update. Maintain full details of product loaded and serial numbers where applicable. Ensure load information advised to appropriate staff for completion of outgoing paperwork.
- Assist with any third-party collections and or returned product, ensuring appropriate paperwork and system update.
- Assist with Kanban Cards and local stock replenishment. Ensuring on a daily basis that replenishment requests are flagged to Production Controller and that Kanban replenishments are delivered to the correct location. Monitor and report in a timely manner any Kanban replenishments that are not delivered within the agreed time span.
- Liaise with the Materials Manager and assist in the implementation of Inventory Cycle counting. Ensuring that each stored product/part is counted the appropriate number of times within each year. Ensuring that production departments are up to date with issues of products/parts consumed and that any WIP is taken into account during the cycle count process. Help to investigate any discrepancies in order to identify route cause and taking and or advising on the appropriate corrective action.
- Manage the staff effectively: recruiting, training and motivating them, ensuring efficiency and adherence to company policies. Carry out regular reviews of their role.
- Fork Lift Licence (desirable)
- Counterbalance Licence (desirable)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, experience of MRP/ERP Business software
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good communication on all levels.
- Friendly disposition.
- Self-motivated, willing and able to learn new processes and provide support as and when required across a number of functions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- 25 days Holiday
- 5% Employer Pension contribution
- Unlimited training opportunities
- On-site parking
- Flexible working
- Free Employee Welfare services
- Social events
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Please make sure to provide a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the position and your availability to commence work.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Senior Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Assistant Manager, Warehouse Coordinator, Forklift Licence, Warehouse Driver, FLT Driver, Logistics Co-ordinator, Logistics Operative, Distribution Team Leader may also be considered for this role.