About the job
Job Title: WAVI Maintenance Engineer
Location: Based in Winchester
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per year + bonus
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Whitwam Audio Visual Integration (WAVI) is part of Whitwam Ltd. We are installers of integrated audio-visual systems based in Winchester, Hampshire.
We are looking for an experienced audio-visual engineer to take the lead engineers role within our preventative maintenance and unscheduled responses (call outs) support section, working under the maintenance manager who looks after the contracts, resourcing, and diary management and support by the rest of the engineering team when needed. The role will also on occasion require the candidate to support the installation team, giving first-hand experience of systems as they are installed and so familiarising them with the system they will be supporting.
Experience required in modern AV integration techniques, including Dante Audio, HDBASE-T, HD-SDI video, networking infrastructure and Crestron Control systems. This role is supported as part of a team and training will be offered to keep the candidate’s knowledge at the front of developments. We are looking for a positive person that can take clear instruction and improvise around ever-changing work-related demands.
Our work is mostly carried out in the UK with a focus around London. Access to the office in Winchester is essential as is the need to travel to sites and occasionally work out of hours and away from home.
The successful candidate will need a UK driving licence and will need to be able to pass client security applications for access to sensitive sites.
- To take the lead role in all customer maintenance work. Carry out both preventive maintenance and unscheduled support visits for all the WAVI clients.
- To provide the second point of contact for all email and telephone support calls for our maintenance clients.
- To provide main cover for small works projects, calling on support from the balance of the WAVI team as required.
- To take direction and supervision from Maintenance Manager and manage AV technicians or Assistant assigned and take responsibility for on-site liaison with client representatives and other parties
- To work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that full reporting and documentation trails are full filled, updating detailed records for clients’ sites and generating maintenance reports.
Installation Team Support
- To work with the general installation engineering team in new installation projects which later become serviced by maintenance contracts.
- To carry out, organise and manage in house maintenance tasks, such as PAT testing of any Installation portable equipment, Ladder and vehicle checks and maintenance of company systems.
- To undertake supplier training courses on new equipment and systems that may be implemented within installation projects
- OFFICE SUPPORT. To assist with client reception (telephone, fax, email & walk-in) and the provision of immediate client service
- TEAM COVER. To deputise for absent members of the installation team as required
- HEALTH & SAFETY. To comply with the company’s Health and Safety policy and practices and contribute to safe working practices and environment
- To observe company standards of practice regarding vehicle, equipment and premises security
- To observe company policies and agreed practices
- Complete all maintenance work to a high standard and to the client’s satisfaction
- Contribute to the general workload and operations of the installation team
- To make a personal contribution to the successful development of the company
Please click apply to submit your CV
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Audio Visual, Video Conferencing, AMX, Crestron, Polycom, QSC, Logitech, VC, AV Service Engineer, Audio Visual Engineer, AV Engineer, Audio Visual Installation, AV Installer, Installation Technician, AV Installation Technician, Field Service Engineer, Field Engineering, Electrical Engineer, AV Tech, Audio Technician may also be considered for this role.