£15 - £16.50 per hour
Materials, Precision Engineering
Job Title: Welder
Salary: The hourly rate for this position is £15.00 to £16.50 per hour depending on experience.
Hours: At Vessco Engineering Ltd, we work 39hours per week. Hours for this role are 6:45 to 15:45 Monday to Thursday, and 6:45 to 11:45 Friday.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
As a Welder, you will be responsible for:
* Performing high quality TIG, MIG, MMA and SAW welds on mild steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys.
* Working correctly to the parameters of Weld Procedure Specifications.
* Understanding factory safety standards, be able to work safely and be aware of potential hazards in the workplace.
* Following safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as air fed mask, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, etc.
* Gaining and keeping required welding codes qualifications
* Carrying out welding tasks to required safety, quality and efficiency standards.
Vessco Engineering Ltd was founded in 2006 to support local industries in and around South Wales with general fabrication work and the fabrication of header boxes. Our first vessels were small, relatively low pressure filter-type units. Since then we have established a highly-skilled workforce, and gone on to specialise in the field of pressure vessels and process equipment. We expanded into the export market with clients in Ghana, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Algeria, while retaining our domestic customer base.
We are an ambitious and fast-growing manufacturer of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and fabricated equipment. Recently Vessco Engineering Ltd joined the LTi Metaltech Group, a €130m European Engineering Group. Today our clients are based around the world and come from a range of sectors, including Oil & Gas, Nuclear Power, Water Treatment & Heavy Industry.
To be a successful Welder, you will be an experienced coded TIG and Stick Welder. MIG experience would be advantageous however is not essential. Having ideally worked in the Oil and Gas, or Nuclear industries previously, you will be confident using factory equipment such as rotators, manipulators and cranes. You must be able to accurately read and understand fabrication drawings, and hold or have recently held, Welder qualifications to ASME IX and EN 9606-1 standards.
Proactive, flexible and a team player, you will have high regard for all health and safety standards in the workplace.
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Weekday and weekend overtime is regularly available.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Welder, Skilled Welder, Welding Technician, Plater, Plating Engineer, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, MIG Welder, TIG Welder, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator will also be considered for this role.